This class is held in your home at a time that is most convenient for you. Dad’s play a very important role in breastfeeding success and is highly encouraged to attend the class as well!
Know another pregnant couple? Group classes can be arranged, two or more couples in a group setting either in your home or mine. Discount available per couple for this option.
Information to be covered
- All the basics of how breasts and milk production work
- Why breastfeeding is so amazingly beneficial for your baby and you
- How to get Breastfeeding off to the best possible start
- Best techniques on how to position and latch your baby to the breast
- How to know what baby’s hunger cues look like and why it’s so important to recognize them
- How to ensure a good milk supply and maintain your milk supply
- How to know your baby is getting enough
- What to do once you get home from the hospital
- Common first few week issues that may come up and how to handle them
- Information about breastfeeding equipment (pillows, clothes, nipple shields, pumps, etc…) and whether they’re needed or not
- How to create breastfeeding support around you
I will also tailor the class to cover your specific questions, concerns and needs. We will talk about your breastfeeding goals, whether you will need to return to work, if you have any medical problems that may cause issues with breastfeeding and we will come up with strategies and a plan to help you get things off to a great start! Support, accurate information, and encouragement sets breastfeeding up for success. This class is a prefect first step! Class runs about 2 hrs.
*A nominal travel fee maybe added if your location is outside my general radius.
Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions about the class or consultation!
I’m here to support you! Contact Melissa