What to expect from an Initial In-Home Consultation $180*
- I’ll have you fill out a breastfeeding questionnaire and medical history before our consult asking several questions about how you and your baby are doing and what’s been happening.
- Do an assessment of the inside of your baby’s mouth.
- Weigh your baby. If, I believe it is necessary we will do pre and post feeding weights to give us a snapshot of how much breastmilk your baby is taking in at that feeding.
- Watch how your baby is positioning and latching onto the breast and observe a breastfeeding session.
- If I believe there maybe structural issues with your little one (such as torticollis, pain in the neck, baby favoring one side over the other, jaw clenching issues, etc…) I’ll also do a quick and gentle structural assessment.
- All this will help me get the whole picture of what is happening with your breastfeeding situation.
- Once I have the full picture, I’ll provide you with information, techniques and suggestions to help. I may show you breastfeeding videos, give you information sheets, and a list of instructions to help you remember what we discussed during our session.
- Together we will create a plan that works best for you and your family!
- Plan on me being with you and your baby for about 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
Things to consider
- We don’t want your little one to be super hungry, but definitely ready to nurse when I get there. If you can time a nursing session 1-2 hrs before I arrive then most babies are ready to nurse again during our consult. We will go off of your baby’s timing, so no rushing through anything.
- I’ll watch a nursing session where your normal breastfeeding spot is. Have any pillows that you normally use near by.
- Regarding your pump: If you have questions, need instructions, or would like me to look at your pump flange size, please have all of your pumping supplies ready and near.
- Please do not clean up or worry about how your house looks. I am there for you and your baby!
- After our consultation please feel free to call, text, or email with any questions or concerns regarding the breastfeeding plan that we come up. I want to make sure your situation is getting better and you and your baby are on your way to Happy Breastfeeding! I’m here to support you!
Payment and Insurance Info
- Payment is due at the end of our consultation.
- I take cash, check, or credit card. I do prefer cash or check which helps me avoid credit card processing fees.
- I am not in-network with any health insurance companies. I would be considered an out-of-network provider. I do have a professional receipt called a Super Bill (a receipt with medical insurance coding) that I highly recommend submitting to your insurance. There is no guarantee that your insurance company will pay, but it’s worth a try. Please note that it is your responsibility to submit the receipt to your insurance.
*Map to show you the many area’s I serve. If you are outside this area, feel free to email or call, I often make home visits outside of these area’s. A nominal travel fee maybe applied.