Prenatal “Get Ready For Breastfeeding” Consultation $180 *Travel fee may apply, see map below
If you’re a first time mom, learning about breastfeeding can feel intimidating. If you’re a mom who had major breastfeeding issues with your first child and you’re pregnant again, breastfeeding can feel overwhelming. I want put your mind at ease and help you come up with a great breastfeeding plan.
What to expect
- This In-home consultation focused on your health and breastfeeding history.
- I will ask you questions about any current and past health issues, chronic illnesses you may have, medications you’re taking, past surgeries, and if you have past breastfeeding experience; how that went for you.
- I will also evaluate your over all breast and nipple health; all giving me the whole picture of you.
While issues such as flat or inverted nipples, diabetes, Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and thyroid problems, may cause breastfeeding issues. Knowing how these things may effect breastfeeding and what to do to help while you are pregnant is always best, as this helps you prepare ahead of time!
- With my help we will create a breastfeeding plan specific to your situation that works best for you and your family.
- I’ll give you the information and tools you’ll need to get breastfeeding off to a good start.
- I will provide you with plenty of educational material about everything you need to know to breastfeed well.
- I am of course available to answer any follow-up questions you may have after our session.
- Even if you don’t have any specific medical issues this consultation can give you peace of mind, that all is normal, and fill in any gaps about breastfeeding that you may not know.
- My goal is to help you feel confident in achieving your breastfeeding goals!
- Consult is usually 1 1/2- 2 hours and can be done in your home or Skype.
Payment and Insurance Info
- Payment is due at the end of our consultation.
- I take cash, check, or credit card.
- I am not in-network with any health insurance companies. I am considered an out-of-network provider. I do have a professional receipt called a Super Bill (a receipt with medical insurance coding) that I highly recommend submitting to your insurance. There is no guarantee that your insurance company will pay, but it’s worth a try. Please note that it is your responsibility to submit the receipt to your insurance.
*Map to show you the many area’s I serve. If you are outside this area, feel free to email or call, I often make home visits outside of these area’s. A nominal travel fee maybe added.