WHAT TO EXPECT
This consult is for when I’ve been working with you on a particular breastfeeding issue. If it’s a more in-depth situation we may need to do 1 or 2 follow up visits. Many babies go through different stages of willingness to breastfeed well again. I’m here to support you through everything! These visits are great to help you see how your baby is progressing, where your baby is going, and how to handle your baby’s next stages of getting you to Happy Breastfeeding. It’s so helpful to get an outside perspective when you’re in the middle of it all, for peace of mind!
I’ll give you more information and suggestions to keep you moving forward with on-going support.
COMMON ISSUES THAT MAY NEED FOLLOW-UP CONSULTS
- Issues with tongue-tie
- Low milk supply
- Breast refusal
- Pro-longed latching issues
- Structural issues
- Re-lactation/adoption and breastfeeding
Follow-up visits or calls can be 1-2 hrs depending on the issue and I of course always go off of your baby’s timing. No rushing!
PAYMENT AND INSURANCE INFO
- Payment is due at the end of our consultation.
- I take cash, check, or credit card.
- I am not in-network with any health insurance companies. I am considered an out-of-network provider. I do have a professional receipt called a Super Bill (a receipt with medical insurance coding) that I highly recommend submitting to your insurance. There is no guarantee that your insurance company will pay, but it’s worth a try. Please note that it is your responsibility to submit the receipt to your insurance.
*A nominal travel fee maybe added if your location is outside my general radius.
Melissa Preitauer, IBCLC, RLC